Our Client is operating a district heating system which is energized from waste heat of biomass drying equipment and supplies a surrounding Community. Due to increased demand of thermal energy in the connected urban supply system the requirement arose, to carry-out a system expansion through a specific project deployment (design, installation, commissioning and start-up.
Installation of a new steam heat exchanger and related pipelines, including pumps, field devices and implementation of dedicated process control system (PCS) located in an existing production facility of our Client.
Scope and success criteria as follow:
- Detail-engineering of mechanical installation and electrical instrumentation including execution of hazard analyses (HAZOP) as well as implementation of programming of process control system (PCS)
- Safety driven and focus with all subcontractors during project execution
- Obtaining of official approval from local authorities
- Full coordination of several involved departments from operations, engineering and maintenance
- Qualification activities related to international standards
- Due date constraint to anticipate the project completion was met in accordance with Client on site